Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Introduction to Trendy Expressions




Hi,

My name is Jennifer. I create handmade jewelry that is of many materials and styles. My favorite style is vintage inspired jewelry. I use vintage items such as brooches and repurpose them into a new modern look.

Some of the unique materials I use are recycled from vintage jewelry or re purposed materials found here and there while shopping, traveling or attending auctions and flea markets.


How did I start....? I have always been creative and enjoyed painting, architecture, interior design, ceramics, drawing, and much more. I discovered beads a few years ago while trying to match a necklace to an outfit. I was unsuccessful, so I decided to make my own necklace. It was the freedom of being able to design anything I wanted, without limits, that hooked me in to this addictive habit of beading.

When not beading or working full-time, I enjoy being with my family, traveling, and reading.
But creating jewelry is something I really enjoy to do in my spare time.



I am constantly exploring and trying new ideas. I also am learning new techniques as I go and will eventually get into metal working.

I sell my creations on a website to make money (obviously:) and also to support my beading habit. I also participate in Craft Shows and Flea Markets. I have teamed up with a group of women who run home-based businesses. We will be putting on several events throughout the year. This group includes a photographer, a unique greeting card maker, an embroider, myself (handmade jewelry and crafts) and representatives from Avon, Pampered Chef, and Dove Chocolate Discoveries. We are working on coming up with a name for our group. Any ideas?


I do have other hobbies such as scrap booking and sewing to name a few. But, for now I am focusing on mainly jewelry. From time to time I'll post other miscellaneous items I've made on my website and add sneak peaks to my blog.

I also feature a few items in the CHARITY section to help out good causes. The items featured here will have a portion of my profits donated to the charity indicated with each item.



Please check out my website
http://www.trendyexpressions.etsy.com/ today!

Join my (E)mailing list:
You will receive updates on upcoming promotions, opportunities to support charities, new product announcements, and a monthly newsletter.

To join, send an email to:
mytrendyexpressions@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment