Tuesday, April 27, 2010
1. Kisses in the morning
2. Thank you card from all my hard work
3. A foot rub
4. A breakfast cooked for me
5. Quality Family Time (No t.v)
6. A quiet walk
7. A swing at the park
8. A picnic lunch
and to go out on a limb here....
9. A clean house for just one day (not done by me)
How about you?
Monday, April 26, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
I just recently joined the Youth and Family Services Commission in my town. This commission tries to raise the community's awareness of activities available to our youth as well as brainstorm and form new activities. The Commission was just accepted a grant to do a mural painted by the youth in our community. The Commission is also trying to get a Frisbee golf course built.
In addition to that, I also joined the Sun Prairie Skate Park Committee. This committee is in the process of trying to raise funds to redo our local skate park, which is pretty much a concrete slab with a hump in it right now. There is an event on May 15th (more details to follow after my meeting tonight). I have offered to organize a silent auction. I hope I'm successful attracting donors! I also have offered to help with advertising and I will be targeting the schools in Sun Prairie. FYI we have 7 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 high school and 1 alternative high school! 6000 students! Am I crazy or what!??!!
Plus I am going to form a youth group in my town to keep the kids occupied during the time they are not at school. My first project is youth basketball games once a week at a local park. Still working on this, but will definitely be organized before school's out for the summer.
Monday, April 12, 2010
My friend gave me this recipe around Super Bowl time and I am hooked!
2) large chicken breasts-diced and cooked.
2) 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 cup shredded cheese (any flavor you like)
1 cup hot sauce
1 cup ranch or bleu cheese dressing
Over medium heat on the stove, combine cooked chicken and both packages of cream cheese in a medium size sauce pan. Mix until cream cheese is melted. Add shredded cheese, hot sauce and ranch or bleu cheese dressing. Mix until melted and blended.
And that's it!
Serve in a big bowl with tortilla chips on the side.
Friday, April 9, 2010
1. Madison Memorial Libary Book Sale
Fill a bag with books for $3.00 from 10:30-1pm Saturday and from 1 pm -2 pm all the leftover books are FREE!
2. University of Wisconsin Geology Museum
I love FREE museums!
3. Get in a workout and quick swim at the athletic club.
4. 3 weeks until my Garage Sale....so I'll spend some time going thru closets and clearing out clutter!
5. Work on some more Anklets! Look for 2.00 anklets coming soon.....!
Visit my website www.trendyexpressions.etsy.com !
Thursday, April 8, 2010
15 Movies I recently watched:
1. The Invention of Lying (my son picked that one)
2. Roots (A Classic everyone should watch)
3. Couples Retreat (Was funny up until I fell asleep)
4. Brothers (I cried through the entire movie)
5. Paranormal Activity (Kinda scary)
6. Madea Goes to Jail (I love Madea!)
7. Girlhood (Documentary on at-risk teens)
8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (I love Jack Nicholson!)
9. Dear Zachary (A very sad Crime Documentary)
10. The Goonies (My daughter laughed the whole time...she's never seen it)
11. Precious (Makes me want to adopt every abused child)
12. The Hurt Locker (Very Good Military movie)
13. The Blindside (Again...makes me want to adopt every abused child)
14. Case 39 (Scary...makes me NOT want to adopt every abused child)
15. Nine Dead (Reminds me of Saw...but not as gory)
So there it is....my list of recently watched movies. Feel Free to comment!