Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I have been so busy!

I have neglected my blog, my customers and also neglected to create as much jewelry as I had planned for April. I also have not finished my April Newsletter! I do apologize!

I just recently joined the Youth and Family Services Commission in my town. This commission tries to raise the community's awareness of activities available to our youth as well as brainstorm and form new activities. The Commission was just accepted a grant to do a mural painted by the youth in our community. The Commission is also trying to get a Frisbee golf course built.

In addition to that, I also joined the Sun Prairie Skate Park Committee. This committee is in the process of trying to raise funds to redo our local skate park, which is pretty much a concrete slab with a hump in it right now. There is an event on May 15th (more details to follow after my meeting tonight). I have offered to organize a silent auction. I hope I'm successful attracting donors! I also have offered to help with advertising and I will be targeting the schools in Sun Prairie. FYI we have 7 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 1 high school and 1 alternative high school! 6000 students! Am I crazy or what!??!!

Plus I am going to form a youth group in my town to keep the kids occupied during the time they are not at school. My first project is youth basketball games once a week at a local park. Still working on this, but will definitely be organized before school's out for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment